Welcome to The Barn
Visit the Barn Garden Centre at Peterborough or Oundle and you will be assured of a warm welcome and an abundance of wonderful plants for your garden and home.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our plants and our comprehensive range of gardening products including:-
- Fertilisers, weedkillers, lawncare and compost
- Tools, watering and gardening accessories
- Pots, planters and garden ornaments
- Seeds and Bulbs
- Garden furniture, solar lighting and bbq's
- Wild bird care
- Gloves & footware
- Cards, books and great gift ideas
- Hard landscaping, gravels and trellis
As well as all this, at our Peterborough branch you will discover a comprehensive aquatic department, with tropical, cold water and pond fish.
The Barn at Peterborough also has a lovely Coffee shop providing excellent coffee, cakes and light meals. It also boasts to serving the best scones in the area!
So if youre looking for a plant, a bit of advice or just a coffee and slice of cake, we look forward to welcoming you to The Barn.
- The Met Office wants weather obsessed gardeners to help them improve their forecasts 27 July 2016
- The Royal Horticultural Society needs your help! 25 July 2016
- The city of Belfast is coming up roses this week 21 July 2016
- Sow some late veggies 18 July 2016
- The UK’s first garden devoted to air quality 15 July 2016
Lawn care in hot weather
In warm, sunny spells adjust your mowing routine to keep your lawn in tip-top condition and help it weather the heat. Raise the blades of the mower higher than you would have them normally, and mow less often: the extra length of the grass protects the roots from drying out. Leaving the grass-collecting box off helps too: the clippings act as a mulch, helping keep moisture in the soil.