Welcome to The Barn
The Barn Garden Centre in Oundle is an independent, family run Garden Centre found in the heart of the Nene Valley.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our plants and our comprehensive range of gardening products including:-
- Fertilisers, weedkillers, lawncare and compost
- Tools, watering and gardening accessories
- Pots, planters and garden ornaments
- Seeds and Bulbs
- Garden furniture, solar lighting and bbq's
- Wild bird care
- Gloves & footware
- Cards, books and great gift ideas
- Hard landscaping, gravels and trellis
So if youre looking for a plant or a bit of advice , we look forward to welcoming you to The Barn.
Pre-water seed drills
Sowing in dry weather is a risky business: once germinated, if the seedling dries out it'll quickly dry. If you have to sow in a dry spell, you can avoid this happening by pre-watering. Once you've hollowed out a seed drill, water it before sowing. Then cover the seed with dry soil, which acts as a mulch to prevent the moisture escaping and ensures your seeds remain damp until they germinate whatever the weather outside.