Welcome to The Barn
Visit the Barn Garden Centre at Peterborough or Oundle and you will be assured of a warm welcome and an abundance of wonderful plants for your garden and home.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our plants and our comprehensive range of gardening products including:-
- Fertilisers, weedkillers, lawncare and compost
- Tools, watering and gardening accessories
- Pots, planters and garden ornaments
- Seeds and Bulbs
- Garden furniture, solar lighting and bbq's
- Wild bird care
- Gloves & footware
- Cards, books and great gift ideas
- Hard landscaping, gravels and trellis
As well as all this, at our Peterborough branch you will discover a comprehensive aquatic department, with tropical, cold water and pond fish.
The Barn at Peterborough also has a lovely Coffee shop providing excellent coffee, cakes and light meals. It also boasts to serving the best scones in the area!
So if youre looking for a plant, a bit of advice or just a coffee and slice of cake, we look forward to welcoming you to The Barn.
- Get the kids involved in gardening 9 February 2016
- Force rhubarb 5 February 2016
- FEBRUARY – HTA PLANT OF THE MOMENT CAMELLIAS FOR EARLY COLOUR 2 February 2016
- It’s snowdrop festival time 29 January 2016
- The RHS Chelsea Flower Show is celebrating the Queen’s 90th birthday this year 26 January 2016
Neaten up summer jasmine to keep them within bounds and encourage lots of deliciously-scented pure white flowers later this year. Remove weak, dead and damaged shoots, then thin overgrown plants by removing some of the older branches completely either at ground level or where they meet the main stems. Finally, tie the stems back into their supports to train them where you want them to go.
Plant of the Week: Primrose
This diminutive little trooper gets its name from the Latin for ‘first to flower’ – and every year the first primroses to unfurl deliver their message that spring is just around the corner.
Wild primroses – Primula vulgaris – are expert at colonising wild patches on banks and under hedges and a must-have in wildlife gardens for their early nectar. But the primrose family also offers vibrant colours from orange to red and magenta: bedding primroses and multi-flowered polyanthus are brilliant at filling pots and baskets with cheerfulness at this time of year. Try partnering them with snowdrops, crocuses and early-flowering narcissi like ‘February Gold’ for a real early spring pick-me-up.