What Social Distancing Rules are now in place when I shop at The Barn Garden Centre?
**** IN ENGLAND, YOU MUST BY LAW, WEAR A FACE COVERING IN SHOPS AND SUPERMARKETS AS OF FRIDAY 24th JULY 2020 ****
Although we have been allowed to re-open our doors to the public, social distancing is now going to be part of all our lives going forward and means a visit to us will be different to what it was before lockdown.
Customers should wear a face covering when inside the Garden Centre, it is law in England from Friday 24th July 2020
To make sure there is plenty of space enabling you to shop and happily have the 2 metre/ 1m+ social distance required, we have to limit the number of customers coming into our Garden Centre.
We are a family run business and have children of our own. If you do bring children with you, please ensure that you stay together as a group with your children and they are able to adhere to the Social Distancing rules that are now part of our lives.
These rules are in place to protect not only our customers, but our staff, the wider community and population of our country from the spread of Corona Virus. They are very similar to those already in use in supermarkets. They might be different to your usual shopping experience with us, but we all must use them.
Remember: Stay Alert - Control the Virus - Save Lives
- Wear a face covering when you enter the Garden Centre (you are not required by law to wear one in The Boxwood Café)
- We now have a separate Entrance and Exit. Please follow the signs to help keep the 2 metre/ 1 metre + distance from others.
- We may have to limit the number of customers in the Garden Centre when busy. This means you may have to queue outside the Entrance. There are markers to help you keep 2 metres from other customers. If we get very busy, we may turn cars away from entering the car park to limit customers in the Garden Centre.
- Take a barrow with you. It helps you keep distance from others and helps us monitor numbers.
- When queueing at the tills, please stick to the 2 metre rule - there are markers on the floor to guide you.
- Listen to the instructions from the till operator. They will ask you to leave your barrow in a marked area and then step back to a safe distance whilst they scan your shopping
- We are encouraging the use of contactless payments (such as ApplePay or AndroidPay using your phone) or card payments rather than handling cash.
- Upon entry, please clean your hands using the hand sanitiser and make use of our anti-bacterial spray and disposable towel to clean the handle of your trolley
- Compost - if you are wanting to buy compost, collect this in your car after paying at the till. Tell the till operator what you would like to buy and they will charge you for it. Your can then drive your car closer to the compost and collect what you have paid for. If you require assistance, ask for help when you pay. Always adhere to the 2 metre rule when parking near the compost and loading it into your car.
- The Boxwood Cafe will re-opened on Saturday 4th July 2020, offering a full menu and seating both inside and outdoors
- The Cafe has it's own seperate entrance and exit, please use these correctly
- Use the hand sanitiser as you enter and leave the cafe
- Always try to keep to the 2m social distance. Where a 2m distance cannot be kept, the '1m +' rule should be followed where you should keep 1m apart plus other factors should be in place such as extra hand washing, limiting time with people, being outdoors to name a few
- Take a menu and find a free table, make you choice then 1 person from your party should place the order and pay at the counter
- Return to your table and wait for your order to be bought to you
- Contactless payments are preferred
- Toilets are open for use. These are being monitored and cleaned more regularly during the day. There are anti-bacterial surface wipes customers can use on areas such as toilet seats, tap handles, door handle and lock. Please dispose of these in the bin provided
- If you are feeling unwell, we ask you to kindly stay at home
- Remember to wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds using soap and hot water or alcohol sanitiser
- Please always use 2 metre if possible or if not the 1m + rule when talking to our staff
I have been told to 'Shield' myself due to medical reasons, does the Garden Centre deliver?
If you cannot leave your home, or have a neighbour or friend who could shop for you, we can still deliver to you if you live in Oundle or one of it's surrounding villages. Please e-mail us [email protected] with your shopping list and a contact telephone number or call on 01832 273310.
Does the Garden Centre offer a Collection Service?
Yes. If you would prefer to simply collect your shopping, e-mail us at [email protected] with a contact telephone number and a shopping list. We will call you back to arrange payment or you can call us on 01832 273310. We will give you details about how and where to collect your shopping.
Can I bring my dog with me? He is well behaved.
We are welcoming well behaved dogs on short leads into both the Garden Centre and the Boxwood Café as we always have.
Can I bring my kids along?
Children can come and shop or dine with you, but please make sure you stay together as a group at all times and your children adhere to the social distancing at all times.
Is The Boxwood Café open?
The Boxwood Cafe reopened on Saturday 4th July 2020 offering it's full menu and seating both inside and outdoors. Please check up on the latest Government Advise about who and how many people you are allowed to meet outside you own household. There are also different rules for indoors and outdoors.
Do I need to book a table at The Boxwood Café?
We are still operating our walk in system as we always have, but if you would like to book a table, you can do this. Please ring the Café on 01832 270200
Do I have to wear a face covering in the Garden Centre?
From Friday 24th July 2020, yes, you will have to wear a face covering. The law in England from this date says that face coverings should be worn in all shops and supermarkets. (Please check the Government Website for full details and latest information here)
Do I have to wear a face covering to eat at The Boxwood Café?
No, not unless you would prefer to yourself. The law is for shops, not eating establishments.